Welcome to Our Blog

Welcome to our family blog. Not to be outdone by the Cronley family we have started our own family blog so the Sheridan's can represent. Enjoy!!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Just for you Bridget!

I got a message via Patty from Bridget to update my blog so here I am. I'm so surprised it has been since 2009! What?? Where does time go? Time is flying too fast.

So... to keep you up to date we have been busy the past almost two years doing kid centric things of course. Mainly pulling in and out of my driveway multiple times a day taking a kid here, picking one up there.... I feel like a taxi driver.


2010 was a good year. Ken and I both turned 40!! We got the family together for a party bus and it was a blast. However, I do not plan on posting any of the pictures from that night online:)

Nathan finished 1st grade, Noah 4th and Katie 7th grade. They all had a good year at school. Noah played basketball and indoor flag football. Nathan tried wrestling and Katie was in ski club.

Spring break in 2010 brought us to Ormond Beach with most of Ken's family. The kids had so much fun hanging with their cousins at the beach for a week.

We spent a week in Traverse City in the summer (as usual) doing all of our favorite things such as Drive-in movies and wine tasting. We love our traditions in T.C.

Ken's job working as Project Leader of a new model Acura had led him to several month long trips to Japan. I finally had my opportunity to go to Japan with him for a week in the summer. I was thrilled! Even though some people thought I was a little crazy to travel alone to Japan and meet Ken I had every detail planned out and under control. The flight was long, but I had a great seat. I had no problem navigating the Narita airport and taking a bus for a three hours to Utsunomiya to meet Ken. Ken and I took the bullet train (which is super cool) to Tokyo for the weekend checking out all the areas including the fish market. We managed the Tokyo train and subway system. It was really fun and a great experience. While Ken was working I traveled to Nikko for the day and went through temples and shrines. I wish I could have stayed longer it was a great trip. I look forward to going back again some day.

The fall brought hunting for Ken. Katie joined him during the youth hunt. She had fun bonding with her dad, but did not get a deer.

That brings us up to 2011. Ken spent another month in Japan in January. Three weeks after he got home they were hit with the earthquake. The building he was working in was greatly damaged and one person was killed. It was also located only 60 miles from the nuclear plant in Fukishima. I was so thankful he was not there at the time. But, I am sad for the Japanese people and pray for them everyday.

Katie spent the winter doing ski club. She is getting pretty good at skiing. We made a trip to Boyne over our Christmas break and even Nathan was doing great. It's great taking the kids skiing now that they are bigger and can ski better.

Noah and Nathan both played basketball. Katie and Noah got braces. In the spring Nathan played soccer and Katie ran track. Noah just started baseball season.

Then I started what seemed like the longest and most difficult tax season of my life. We had multiple computer and software issues, new bosses, loss of employees. It was horrible. It felt worse than when I worked 65 hours a week. It took more hours to get less done. We (my office) are still trying to recover from it.

On top of working I was the treasurer at both the elementary school and the middle school. Do I ever say "no"?

Thankfully tax season ended. We took the kids to Florida to spend a week at Bonita Beach with my parents. It was a great way to relax. We had amazing weather and we got to go to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm a major Harry Potter geek so I may have been more excited than the kids. It was so fun and we didn't have to wait for the any of the rides!

The school year is wrapping up which means so is my job as treasurer and I couldn't be happier. I have already given my word that I cannot be counted on to volunteer in any major capacity next school year as I have serious burn out. This fall Katie will be in high school, Noah middle school, and Nathan still in elementary. Three schools! Yikes!

We just celebrated Katie's confirmation and Nathan's 1st communion. They both had beautiful ceremonies. Which brings me to why I'm posting on my blog after a year and half because Patty and Luke joined us at Nathan's party. It was great catching up with them and seeing their adorable children.

The bottom line is we are blessed and I am so grateful for our family unit. Enjoy my little year in review slideshow.

Wish you all the best! Denise

1 comment:

Brigid and Kyle said...

Thank you, Denise!!! I feel so loved! As expected, your life is full. I just like realizing that I'm not the only crazy mom chasing/driving my kids everywhere. And, I have finally learned to speak those lovely words, "NO, thank you" to people other than my children.

Thanks again for your post. Keep it up!