Ahh... I woke up this morning, it's sunny, it's going to be 50 degrees, it's St. Patrick's day and then I watched this clip on the Today show.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23671932#23671932 (if this link doesn't work head to www.msnbc.msn.com to the Today show site for March 17, 2008 and see the video New Missions to save the Earth.)
These ladies are awesome. I'm so happy people are starting to acknowledge that being "green" is very important and it's doing God's work. I believe that "Right to Life" doesn't just mean unborn babies, it's everyone, every living thing animal or vegetable. It's time for people to help stop Global Warming. Every time I hear about Global Warming I really get stressed. I feel so helpless that whatever I do won't make a difference unless a lot of people are doing things as well or the government starts to do it's part too. But, I remind myself that every little bit does make a difference and eventually it will spread to other people and I keep trying.
Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect with this going green stuff, but I have been making changes for my family. Some things I do is recycle everything that I can. Just ask Ken, I will dig stuff out of the trash to put it in the recycle. I have plugged a couple of TVs we have that don't use that much into a power strip and we turn that power strip off when we are not at home and when we go to bed. Did you know that TVs are using electricity even when they are turned off? I also power down my computer every night and now I have been putting it sleep mode when I'm not using it. My thermostat is turned to a chilly 65 degrees when we are not at home during the day and when we sleep at night it's 68. I use 100% recycled paper in my printer at home. It's not that perfect bright white color, but it looks pretty good. I have set up my bills and bank statements to get "paperless" statements so we are not wasting all that extra paper. Ken's paychecks are also "paperless" he can go online to see his pay stub and the money is direct deposited into our account every week. Ken ordered his new Honda Civic Hybrid that boasts at getting 50 miles per gallon. Since he drives quite far everyday to work we are hoping to see a savings at the pump soon. I have signed up to reduce junk mail at Greendimes.com and catalogchoice.org can get rid of all those catalogs your receive. Try out the rechargeable batteries. They are great no waste and pay for themselves in no time.
So get on board the "Green Train" people. It's the right thing to do. And being green also means having more green dollars in your pocket. It's Win-Win!!
Happy St. Patrick's day and God Bless you.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment